Thursday, April 27, 2006

Not-so-Good Day

Yesterday was I day I'd rather not repeat. It started out uneventful. I dropped Tati off at her friend Isabel's house for a before school playdate. Tati just looooooooooovvves Isabel! She tells me this all the time. Then I took a detour to stop by Josh & Stephanie's house under construction. Great house guys! Looks nice from the outside. I get home and promptly locked Sienna in the car. With my keys in the ignition. And the spare key in my purse laying on the passenger seat. Yep, locked her in. At least she was safe, right? Lots of panicking on my part. Had to call the Boone County Sheriff to get her out. Of course they don't carry slim-jims any more due to legal hassles. They outsource the slim-jimming to someone else. What is with all the outsourcing these days? The Village of Capron outsources their permit issuing as well. Doesn't anyone actually do their own work anymore? Wish I could outsource my cleaning, cooking, grocery shopping, laundry, etc.

Next part I don't want to repeat is the Battle of the Vegetables. For those who don't have toddlers/preschoolers, let me tell you, it can get ugly. There was gnashing of teeth on both ends. There was crying & complaining. I finally got Tati to put her one piece of carrot and one tiny piece of broccoli in her mouth and chew 'em up. But she couldn't swallow. She was grossing herself out. She gagged. Then she vomited her entire dinner onto herself and the floor. I was so mad. Mad. Mad. Mad. They're only vegetables. Not worms or bugs or anything truly gross. I took a breather outside. I will have to come up with a different vegetable eating tactic. I think we're going to try to focus on one vegetable at a time. We've got a lot to choose from too since the only vegetable she'll eat is corn. (French fries don't count!) Anywho, I came across a great blog for moms of young people. You must check it out. There are links at the top right to the different categories of posts as well as some other family links further down.

Any vegetable eating suggestions welcome. Leave me a comment. Oh, and just so you know, first thing I did after Sienna was released from the car was to put the spare key back in the junk drawer where it belongs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am sure you have already thought of this...but my kids LOVE eating raw vegetables but not cooked. So I will mine and Sean's vegetables and offer the girls uncooked carrots, celery, etc. That way it is easier than the "Moooooooommmmmm I don't like peas". Which can be SO frustrating. Just a thought.