Saturday, April 08, 2006

Blogger Challenge


Challenge: YOUR SCRAPBOOKING START.

Share how you got started in scrapbooking. I became more interested in scrapbooking after the birth of my first child. I thought it would be a great way to preserve all the memories. I never imagined it would take on a life of its own and become the therapeutic creative outlet that it has.

How long have you been doing it? I actually *started* after Rick & I got married, but more actively about 4 1/2 years ago.

Do you scrap differently now than when you first started? YES!! I didn't really use a lot of embellisments when I first started. Just paper. I also didn't know anything about the use of color and design. I wasn't that great of a photographer either. Everything has changed. Not only do I enjoy looking at all the memories I've preserved, but I also enjoy seeing how my creative process has evolved.

What's changed for you? Anything? I spend a lot more time (and money) scrapbooking now, than when I first started. I've learned so much about this craft and about myself. I plan on doing a Book of Me, something I probably never would've considered when I first started. I didn't ever imagine making money doing something I so enjoy doing. I couldn't have pictured having my very own scrap space (albeit humble). What else has changed? My style, my photography, my journaling--but not my purpose!

Share the circumstances, the people involved - in getting you hooked to this awesome creative outlet! A lady from church gave me a CM album as a bridal shower gift. I was thinking, "Gee. Thanks. What am I going to do with this thing?" Little did I know.....

No comments: