Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Garden Goodie

I purchased a bunch of garden goodies at Target the other day. Tatiana and I each got a pair of garden gloves and I bought an extra pair for my mom when she comes over to live vicariously through my yard--or for my grandma or mother-in-law or anyone one else who's got a green thumb and wants to lend a hand. Tatiana picked out her own: pink checked ones with a butterfly on each hand. I also got a three-prong hand claw thingy which is not pictured. Since today was just gorgeous, I spontaneously went to the Super WM and let Tati pick out a plant of her own. She also picked out her own flower pot and watering can. I thought it would be a good experience for her to take care of her own plant. It's called Kalanchoe, unfortunately it requires little water so hopefully she won't drown it to death. I am looking forward to picking out some annuals for the yard, but am waiting for some grandmotherly guidance before doing so. Aren't grandmas the best???? {well most of them are}

After having a home made waffle dinner, the girls and I went for a walk up and down our street--actually *I* was the only one who walked, Tatiana rode her bike and Sienna rode in the stroller. My Tatiana is just so stinkin' friendly. She always greets the other parents coming and going from preschool and is willing to speak to any stranger & will most likely end up inviting them over for a visit or a sleepover. The sad thing is how put off some people often feel by a friendly child wanting to make conversation. Can you not just take 30 seconds out of your day to enjoy some simple kindness from a sweet 4 year old?? Is that too much to ask? If you're reading this and a child approaches you someday at the park/grocery store/bank/Target, please, please, please just give them a minute or two of your attention. You'll make their day. Trust me.

P. S. To the old man who struck up a conversation with my girls while waiting at the Deli: Thank you. Thank you for your kindness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I so enjoy reading about your family life and how my precious grandchilderen are doing. I may not read everyday, but I do keep tabs. Tati did a great job picking out the plant & flowerpot. I'm sure they'll both do "swimmingly". Ha! Ha!
Love, Mom