Sunday, March 26, 2006

A Taste of Spring

Dare I say it again that it is almost feeling like spring!!! The last time I mentioned this I woke up to about 1" of snow on the ground. Looks like this weeks forecast should be lovely!! High of 59 degrees on Thursday. We took the plastic off the sliding glass door today and it feels wonderful. You know what that means, dontcha? We can grill again. Take a peek:


I made some sweet tea, Rick picked out some gourmet mozzarella/sundriedtomato/artichoke stuffed sausages at the grocery store and I picked up some bacon wrapped fillets. It was so nice to be able to cook out on the deck with all the sunlight and fresh air coming in. You'll also notice from the picture that we have some new neighbors. Yep, they did some house hunting and decided that the outdoor light on our deck would make a perfect home. They really are quite lovely red-breasted birds. It would be a shame to evict them. How about you? What are you doing to welcome the new season? Leave a comment and let me know!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Matt took Jacob to his parents house for couple of hours -- it was nice I had the windows open, washed clothes cleaned windows, cleaned the bedrooms and yes did some yardwork! It was so nice outside! Matt and Jacob got home and we went to our neighbor and hang out before Matt and Ken went fishing and Jacob and I went to get him new shoes at Famous Footwear -- some cool shoes! Then we went to my parents house -- it was a very fun day! Oh and I made a new receipe -- Chicken Pasto Rollups. It was so GOOD!
It looks like you guys had a great family day together!
I can't wait to get some flowers and Matt and I want to get another patio set for the grass -- so we can watch Jacob play with his toys.
Well, talk to you soon!
Love, Skyra