Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Just some thoughts

I updated my profile yesterday! I took a self-portrait & think it's a pretty good reflection of "me". I guess the topic of "homeschooling" is what has been on my mind lately. Some of the reasons I want to do it are:

1) I like the idea of one-on-one attention, instruction from the person who knows them the best (me), and a teacher relationship based on familial love. What could be better?

2) A lot of time is wasted in public schools waiting for the teacher to finish, waiting for others to finish, waiting in line, recess, bathroom breaks, etc. This time could be much better utilized at home.

3) I would love for my kids to have a true education: of the mind, character, heart, and soul. Public school only adresses the first and only negatively impacts the other three. We will be able to instill in our children the values that we hold dear, not the ones that a government sponsored institution find important.

I could go on and on, but these are just a couple of things that I have thought of so far. If you have questions, please leave me a comment. I've also updated the links section to reflect a really educational homeschooling blog. Take a look if you get a chance.

No comments: