Tuesday, April 14, 2009

He listens!

I had a rough couple of days last week. Hubby and I were both feeling down about our work situation and it's just no good when we're both feeling that way at the same time! I attended my Tuesday night Beth Moore Bible study, where she said in the video:

You'll never have anything more contagious than your joy.

It stopped me dead in my tracks. I felt, at the moment, that surely no one would be "catching" anything from me because I really felt less than joyful. I cried nearly the whole way home feeling like God is not listening to me. {Notice all the "feeling" I was doing. Certainly not thinking my way to success!} I cry out to Him & wonder if He hears me up there. I just kept saying, "He's not listening. He's NOT listening."

Wednesday comes & Hubs goes to do some truck driving practice. As he finishes up, he pops into the trucking office and lo-and-behold, there was some work that came up that he could do! He hopped back into that truck lickety-split! And when he called to tell me, I was...dumbfounded? I don't even know the feeling word to describe it. All I could do was imagine the look on God's face {compassionate & satisfied} for sending the message to me that He does indeed hear my prayers AND answers them.

And then on Thursday, during my quiet time, to further solidify the message I needed to hear, He sent me this verse:

Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. (Jer. 29:12)

He WILL listen to me. He DOES hear me. I just broke down in tears being reminded of that fact. {Besides, at that exact moment the song "Hope Now" starting playing on the radio!} It's fascinating to me because I've had Jer. 29:11 memorized for quite some time {"For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord....} and had overlooked the verse(s) following. I am now clinging to that promise: He will listen to me!

And for whatever your need is today, my friend, He's listening....

No comments: