Friday, July 25, 2008

Talk About It: Painting

Not quite as deep of a topic as we have discussed in the past, but none the less, it leaves me in a quandry. In an effort to make our home a sanctuary and a welcome space for all who enter, I have been doing some painting, decluttering, and organizing. My issue is with the painting {don't get me wrong ~ I *love* painting}. My house has several "openings" that lead from one main living space to the next or are transitions from the room to the hallway. I am wondering what everyone else does. What color do you paint the threshold of a room? Or maybe you only have doorways? Here are a couple examples:
:: this one needs some help desperately ::

Would you paint it the color of one of the adjacent walls? Which wall? Or just paint all the thresholds white like the ceilings?

What would you do?

P.S. Sebastian is crawling!

1 comment:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

I think with the top pic I would be a little bolder and maybe do an accent color that matches both, or you could mix the two and do some sort of faux paint stuff!

The second pic, we usually do although I'm not really sure why we do this but we usually paint whatever is to the left of that spot. Wierd now that I think about it, because I really don't think we have a reason for doing this but whatever, cause it looks good! ;0)

Looking forward to tomorrow!!