Friday, June 05, 2009

18 Months of Spunky

I am a big 'ole grouch today. Besides that, I am so *exhausted* I can barely lift my limbs to move around. Those things aside, I couldn't miss the chance to share my thankfulness for my 18 months with Sebastian Judah, aka Spud. It was on December 5, 2007 that my first son was born.



*blink*


And there he is today. My big brown-eyed, bottle lovin', chupy needin', blankie draggin', finger pointin', tantrum throwin', eczema sufferin', mischief makin', book readin', spoon feedin', cuddly clingin' little boy.

Once you have lost a child, you have a whole new perspective, love, and appreciation for the ones you do have. Oh, how my heart swells for this little fella!


3 comments:

Ebe said...

I'm going to do my best not to make this about me....but did you know that your sweet Sebastian and my Owen shared this day?
Owen's due date was December 5th. I can't help but to see Owen in your sweet little boy's face.

Happy 18th month birthday little man.


love,
ebe

Joan Carr said...

I've never lost a child but I have just about lost my sanity, and from someone who has suffered those dark lonely, dreary days it is so vitally important to keep putting one foot in front of the other day after day. That is one of the hardest things to do, but so vitally necessary anyway. I know your days are so tiring, and so lone and some are worse than others. But you will look back in 6 months, 1 year, etc and see that you are making progress. It does not feel like it from day to day, but you are going to make it.

Those little ones are so precious,enjoy each and every moment with him. They will be 27 and 24 before you know and on Friday night your house will be quiet, still and not as full of lie as they once were.(Don't get me wrong I enjoy my adult children but sometimes I miss my babies, small children, teenagers). God gives grace for that,too.

God is faithful.

Stephanie said...

Sebastian, is so handsome, really love those big brown eyes.

And.. what a great name, love it.