Friday, May 22, 2009

While I Wait

This is the song I picked to listen to while viewing Olivia's obituary online for the first time. Here is a simple video of the song in case you are unfamiliar with it.






While I'm Waiting


I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


And just as in the days following our T18 diagnosis, I find myself waiting again. Waiting for the heartache to dull a little. Waiting for Him to lead me from the darkness into the light. Waiting for the day when I can see Olivia again.

Trying to be faithful in the wait~

6 comments:

Erin said...

What a beautiful obit. I am so sorry that you had to write it.

Thinking of you many times throughout the days is reminding me to pray for you and your family.

((hugs)) from the GPS wanderer.

Hollie said...

Beautiful song! Thinking of and praying for you guys often!

Stephanie said...

It's an amazing song! When I went to visit VA in March, I sang this song at my old home church.

Joan Carr said...

Still praying for you and thinking of you and your family often. God is still faithful today.

Stephanie said...

It took three trips to your blog, but today I actually listened to the song and read Olivia's obituary.I made it 3mins and 30secs into the song.My heart breaks for you and your family.But... you will be OK, God will take care of you,(you know that). I pray for your pain to ease soon.

Anna said...

I love this song and everything it stands for. I often listen to it, remembering that God promised me he would bring Kyle home and trusting that he will in his perfect timing. I hope it brings you just as much comfort in your pain as it has in mine. Luv you!