Monday, January 28, 2008

She's Three!

This weekend my little Sienna-pie turned 3! We celebrated with a Ratatouille themed party, complete with a really amazing cake from Super Target and lots of presents. Here's the recap in photos:
My {uber-wonderful} family also surprised me with some balloons & a cake of my own, since my {BIG} birthday is on February 5th. {The big 3-0, ya'll!} The best part? A superdy, duperdy, awesome new sewing machine! Yippee for me! It's got lots of cool bells and whistles. It's like getting a new Hummer after driving around a used Pinto. I see a lot of sewing in my future. I've already finished up a great summery bag that was languishing in my works-in-progress pile. I also sewed up a groovy tiered skirt for Tatiana that has been cut-out for forever. Hopefully I can get to a fabric store to buy some Valentine's Day fabric for matching skirts for the girls.

It was a very lovely day, despite all the work involved {on top of not sleeping as much as I'm used to}. I did tell Hubster that since my birthday falls on a Tuesday, we will have to do a little something at the house ON that day plus maybe a little going out the weekend before. A girl only turns 3-0 once ya know!

4 comments:

Saralyn said...

Oh. no, my friend. THIS girl has turned thirty 8 times (so far)! And this is only the beginning! Happy birthday in advance!

Beth said...

I am glad it was a good day. Wish I could have made it...something should be arriving soon. ;-)

Anna said...

Happy upcoming Birthday!!! I've been trying to beep you and it won't go through. Thank you, thank you!!! I can't believe I missed you...again!!!!:(

Anonymous said...

Have a great day on the 5th! A new sewing machine - that is a great gift. Have fun with it. I am turning the big 3-0 this year too.