Sunday, July 08, 2007

Homemade Chocolate Syrup

Chocolate milk is very popular in my house. Although I despise the sugar content, it DOES get my kids to drink more milk. I was buying commercially prepared chocolate milk & calculated that it was cheaper than buying the Nesquik powder. Lately in a pinch I've been using Hershey's Chocolate Syrup mixed with white milk. When I ran out, I gave the following recipe a try!

Step 1: Unclog your Hershey's syrup bottle cap by letting it sit in a bowl of hot water while you make the syrup.

Step 2: Follow Hillbilly Housewife's chocolate syrup recipe. I made the recipe as written and it all fit into my current 24 oz. Hershey's bottle. Be careful when the syrup is boiling. This stuff bubbles up big!

Step 3: Let syrup cool. Or if you are impatient like me, let it cool just a little......

Step 4: Using a funnel, pour the syrup into your bottle. Recap.

Step 5: Use to make chocolate milk, pour over ice cream or in your favorite chocolatey desserts. Or for those of you having an anniversary........Voila!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ummm thanks ;0) LOL!