Thursday, July 26, 2007

Dishwasher Reviews

Ok. I really need your help. My dishwasher has been broken for about 3-4 weeks now cry, so I am in the market to purchase a new one. Online reviews can be so confusing! For the same model, some people love it and say it is the best one they've ever owned and other reviewers say parts are breaking and their dishes don't even fit. If you have a dishwasher {other than a human one}, would you mind sharing what manufacturer it is made by and what you think about it? Is it quiet? Has it needed repairs? What would you want to change about it? I am thinking {after reading all these reviews} that maybe I should bring a dinner plate & my standard water glass with me to the store to make sure they fit! The one option that I've seen that I like is the cutlery rack being on the door instead of on the bottom rack, leaving more room for dishes. Does anyone else have that? It seems like EVERY brand in my price range {under $400} has mixed reviews....

....looking forward to some help!

3 comments:

Erin said...

Check Craigslist...sometimes the yuppy types are remodeling and you can get a really great deal!

We have a GE and I have only done one load(there was a leak and we ordered a new motor). The motor will come in a few days and I can review it better. My one load went quite well though ;)

We got it for free from someone whos relative was remodeling and didn't need it anymore. It is probably only a few years old and although it is broken...to its credit it sat in our garage all winter waiting to be installed! So...I am not complaining. Chances are the motor got ice in it and it cracked. So...I still can't wait to use it though! Doing dishes 5 times a day is getting ridiculous! And soon Kendell will be adding to the dirty dish mix!

Anonymous said...

We have a frigidaire. The strange thing is that we had the exact same dishwasher at our old home, but I do not like our new one. I have no idea why but the old one cleaned a lot better, and they were both brand new when we purchased them. I believe we got a deal at Lowes for the first one and the second one I think Josh got at the appliance shop by the square (which btw is going out of business so might be worth checking out) Our cutlery rack is on the side on the bottom which I like better then right in the middle, but I probably would like to have it on the door instead. I like ours to because the cutlery rack has two parts the close at the top so I could wash little things without worrying about them getting tossed out! We have lots of space, and I say the more the merrier with an ever growing family! ;0)

Anonymous said...

We had a GE silent one at hte townhome, the silverware rack was removable so if I had a bigger load i could take that out and just do dishes, or put it anywhere on the bottom shelf. I loved my dishwasher when I would run it, the front would never get warm so if the kids ran past it or into it they wouldn't feel anything and no matter what time of day I ran it, you never heard it. It was not New when we purchased the TH though so I have no idea where to even start looking. It was pretty big on the inside for being small looking on the outside.