Sunday, December 06, 2009

Another Year

Yesterday was a day of celebration. Several loved ones birthdays fall in the month of December and more than one decided to celebrate the occasion yesterday. I spent several hours (alone!) driving from party to party, but as I drove home late in the evening, only one person was on my mind.



Sebastian was born at 9:37 pm and I loved watching the clock and reflecting on where I was just 2 years ago. I thanked God for the blessing that he is and has been to our lives, especially this last year, when I clung to Sebastian as "my baby". It's not that having him to hold and snuggle made losing Olivia less painful, but it did soften the blow a little. I swear it was just the other day that I was posting about my little guy turning ONE. Remember when it seemed like I had blinked and he was already 18 months old? And the calendar pages have just flipped by so rapidly, that here I stand with a brand new 2-year old.

Happy Birthday to my sound effect making, truck loving, temper flaring, Blue's Clues watching, Daddy adoring, eczema suffering, slow talking, furniture climbing, Veggie Tale singing, little man. All these things (and more!) make you who you are. And we wouldn't have it any other way.




3 comments:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

hope you had a great day spud!! Happy birthday!! ;0)

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Sebastian!!
You are one super cute two year old dude!!!!

Stephanie said...

Happy Birthday Sebastian!! We all love you here too! :-)