Sunday, May 18, 2008

Steals & Deals for the Week

No.....Thank you!

I got this $5 Starbucks Gift Card in the mail yesterday as part of a Catalina** promotion they were running. If you bought a bag of Starbucks coffee at participating retailers, you receive a Catalina with a special code to input online. My dad bought the coffee, noticed the Catalina & saved it for me. What a great dad! Also FYI: If you register your Starbucks gift card online, you can get extra benefits at participating Starbucks locations, such as free refills on your coffee & free extra syrup flavors.

**Catalina: a coupon that prints at the register from a separate machine after you check-out

Jewel: Last weekend I took advantage of their General Mills deal. If you buy 10 participating items at $2 each, you get an instant $10 off your order, making the items $1. You had to buy them in multiples of $10. Adding some coupons with that {they take expireds so I was saving them for such an occasion as this}, I was able to purchase 12 boxes of cereal, 4 bags of Cheerios/Chex Snack Mix, 4 boxes of Nature Valley Trail Granola Bars, and two packs of gum {for the Hubster} for a grand total of $11.73!

CVS: I haven't been CVSing as avidly as I did when I first started {March} as a) I have a decent stockpile beginning to build up and b) would rather devote the necessary time/energy to other things. They had a sale on Oral-B products {Buy $20, Get $10 ECBs} and hubster has an Oral-B Vitality Toothbrush. At $17.99 for a pack of 3 replacement heads, I thought it would be a good time to get them now. I also picked up a box of Crest Toothpaste, 2 boxes of Aquafresh, and some Schick shaver refills {$8.88, get $6 ECBS + I used $4 Q}. I ended up spending $10 OOP, but that was fine with me, since the refill heads alone cost nearly double that!

Pick up any goodies last week? Get any free samples in the mail?

2 comments:

Erin said...

God has been blessing us lately with furniture and clothing for our three oldest girls.

Our family got another set of bunk beds that we needed, a dresser, and a mirror. The family that gave it to us also has a bigger dresser that we can have if we need it too! The bunks came with drawers under the bottom bunk and all the pieces are in AWESOME condition!

We also frequently get clothes from a set of twins at our church and are just so blessed to be their "hand me down" family! They only have the two girls so that can't re-use the clothes that we get! In addition to the wonderful clothing we get shoes upon shoes...and if anyone needs girl shoes we have more than we can wear and I would love to bless your family with some!!! :)

Ann @TheAssetEdge said...

Thanks for being a blogging friend - I loved all your comments about homeschooling, books, and games!

I always read your blog via bloglines, so I haven't seen your homepage in awhile. I love the quote you have about excellence vs. perfection. That's a really good one for me to remember!!

Happy day,

Ann