Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Baby Love


Yep. I've got my hands full, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. I don't talk much about my little bug-a-boo, so I thought I'd brag on him a bit. He's a good baby. He loves lots of physical contact & sleeps really well when you're holding him and not so well when you're not {during the day at least}. As far as the nights go, he's a night owl. Always has been since before birth. He goes to sleep about 10:30 pm and will occasionally sleep all the way through til about 7 am. If not, he usually wakes up about 4 am and then will sleep another 4 hours. He is still sleeping in his bassinet, as every time I try putting him in the crib for naps and such he only sleeps about 20-30 minutes and the times I've tried at night, he'll only sleep about 2 hours. Yeah. I know there aren't any toddler boys sleeping in their bassinets, so hopefully that means that somehow we'll get through it. I've tried giving him cereal, since it almost seems like he needs it, but haven't given it to him for about a week now, just because I really rather not unless absolutely necessary.

He loves his chupy {pronounced choo-pee} which is a nickname for his pacifier. In spanish, it is called chupon, but we've shortened it to chupy. I love all the baby cuddles & the occasional naps that we get to take together. I love slathering him with kisses. I've managed to avoid getting peed on, but I'm sure that's inevitable. He has severely {and I mean, severely} dried & chapped skin. Just putting baby lotion on him made him scream yesterday, that's how scaly & sensitive it is. I'm sure he'll grow out of that too. But in the meantime, lots of snuggles, lots of nursing, and lots of love.

4 comments:

Mon said...

You have such a cute little boy!

Andrea said...

Oh he is so cute! Congratulations to you guys! I love reading your blog, especially the sewing, fooding, and crafting tips. Hope you are doing well.

Stephanie said...

So cute! I love seeing photos of the kiddos! He looks so much bigger since the last time I saw him!

CountryMouse said...

He is so cute - our little boy Jamie is exactly one year and one month old and each day is full of new adventures and memories to cherish. They grow so quick that I really do try to appreciate everything each day brings.