Sunday, June 17, 2007

20 Reasons He's a Great Dad

  1. He changed both of the girls' very first poopy diaper in the hospital.
  2. When the girls were babies, he would get them from their cribs at night and bring them to me for a feeding, then put them back again.
  3. He loves having a baby asleep on his chest {his favorite part about babyhood}.
  4. He gives them baths.
  5. He buys them M & Ms for no reason.
  6. He takes one or both with him when he has to run errands.
  7. He will take them both to visit his parents without me so I can enjoy some alone time.
  8. His heart is made of marshmallow fluff, so when he has to spank them, he does it softer than I d0.
  9. He will sleep in Tatiana's trundle bed if she is scared at night.
  10. He tries to fix the girls' hair, even though that's not the easiest thing for a guy to do.
  11. He will talk to the girls on the phone when they miss him, even if he has had to talk "baby talk" when they were younger.
  12. He rides the carnivals rides with Tatiana since they make me sick.
  13. He chases the girls around the house & riles them up & makes them laugh like no one else can.
  14. He lets the kids hop on him, knock him over, tickle him and anything else in the name of fun.
  15. He participates in pillow fights & tea parties.
  16. He lets the kids stay up late to snuggle with him and watch a family movie.
  17. He supports my decisions as a mom and is my #1 cheerleader.
  18. He will help change the child & strip the sheets if one of the kids throws up in the middle of the night.
  19. According to the kids, he is the fixer-of-anything-and-everything.
  20. He loves them more than they will ever know or be able to understand.
I love you so much, babe. There is no one else that I would rather share this parenting journey with than you. I look forward to many more Father's Days with you {and maybe a couple more kids too}!

No comments: