Monday, February 05, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Yup. I'm 29 now. It's my last year of being in my twenties. Scary thought. Hubby & I celebrated over the weekend. Saturday we dropped the kiddos off at my mom's house for the night. We stopped at Panera on our way and I tried the Chicken Bacon Dijon Panini. YUMM-O! Then we headed off to the Gifted Purl. I picked up some yarn because I want to make this hat. Here is the yarn I picked out:
{I already have 5 of the 7 hexagons made. I am so excited. My knitting is getting faster and faster all the time.} Then Rick and I went to Barnes & Noble where I had a Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte. It was good, but I think I'll stick to Chai. I read some Knitting books & mags {shocker, I know} and Rick read some Computing magazines. Then we headed home, stopping at Blockbuster on the way. We didn't really see any movies of interest so we picked up two DVDs of House, season two. After relaxing for a bit, I made a nice celebratory dinner, Barefoot Contessa-style.

For starters we had a warm goat cheese salad served on spring greens with a homemade basil vinaigrette. {The recipe didn't call for the basil, but I felt it needed something.} Rick's not even a huge goat cheese fan & this recipe made me realize that I actually like the texture a lot more when it is warm and slightly melty. Then we had this:

Two huge {1# each} ribeye steaks and homemade onion rings. This was the first time that I've ever made onion rings at home & I wouldn't hesitate to do it again, probably only for special occasions though. This meal rocked {if I can say so myself}. Uber yummy!!! {If only I would've made creme brulee for dessert. That woulda put it over the top. Maybe next time.} Then we spent the rest of the night watching House & knitting. The best part was trying to teach Rick how to knit. It was so funny. I wish I would've taken a picture. He caught on pretty fast and even woke up the next morning thinking about knitting {even if was only for like 15 seconds as he claims}.

So that is the highlight of my birthday festivities. Tonight I'm making stuffed shells {for the first time} & Tatiana has put on a fancy dress on my behalf. I kinda wonder where/how I'll be for the big 3-0. If things go according to plan, I might be..........pregnant ;>)

2 comments:

Rick said...

payback will be fun for the big 3-0!!! love ya

Anonymous said...

Happy (way late) Birthday!!

How's the hat project coming?
Have a good one!