Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Big Fat Thank You

I just wanted to check in and let everyone (as if very many people read this to begin with) know that yes, I am still alive. I really would like to say thank you to all those people that supported us during our appendectomy experience. It began like a little harmless tummyache and ended with us sitting in the surgical waiting room. It seems so much like a dream now. I appreciate everyone's cards, flowers, calls, thoughts, and prayers. The whole thing has given me renewed enjoyment of my life, from the little seemingly insignificant things to the really big things, like family and my children. I would come home from the hospital for some rest and to get a change of clothes and this house was just that--a house. It felt like a shell. It was so empty and eerie without the people I love living in it. I also realized how much of the LIFE in this house is directly related to my children. They bring so much energy, laughter, and happiness. Thank you God that You were there when we needed You. Thank you for bringing us through one of the hardest experiences in our lives thusfar. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments: