Monday, May 15, 2006

8 Things I Learned from Traffic School

Um, yep, that's right. I went to traffic school on Saturday. The worst part about getting my speeding ticket was the fact that I'm not perfect anymore. I know, it was hard for me to believe too. *Snicker, snicker* So, I figure I'll share some of my newfound knowledge with the masses.

1. Once you are going 50 mph, for every 10 mph of speed you add to that, you double your chances of being involved in a traffic related crash. 2. It is illegal for a driver under the age of 18 to use a cell phone while driving. 3. The most common causes of traffic crashes on I-90 are: following too closely, speeding, and improper lane usage. It is NOT: going the speed limit and getting run over or causing a crash as many of us would like to believe *wink, wink*
4. By the time you realize you are too tired to be driving, you've probably already fallen asleep 6-7 times. 5. Driving while using a cell phone is akin to drive while intoxicated, since you are not focused on the road. Your driving is actually impaired for up to 2 minutes AFTER you have ended your conversation. 6. You can receive a DUI even if your blood alcohol level is NOT above .o8. If you are pulled over due to suspected driving impairment, you can be charged with a DUI. Having a blood alcohol level above the limit of .08 is just one part of the charge. 7. According to this particular instructor, the most ridiculous law ever passed regarding driving is the "left-lane law". The law states that if you are driving the speed limit in the far left-lane and a car approaches you SPEEDING from behind, you are now breaking the law if you do not change lanes. Kinda crazy how a law-breaking driver can come up behind you, the safe driver, and now cause YOU to be breaking the law. CRAZY!! and number 8. I *love* being in school!!! Go ahead and laugh. Just being there reminded me how much I love being in class. Maybe I'll have to take one here soon......

And in case you were wondering, yes, I've been driving dear hubby nuts with all my latest info: "Pay attention to the road." "You're following too closely." "Careful!"

No comments: