We survived another 5 weeks of homeschooling and so, our reward? One week off!
* a morning of bowling using free bowling game coupons from specially marked boxes of Tony's pizza. I just paid for the girls' shoe rental and the nice man behind the counter let them bowl a second game for free! Praise God for small surprises.
* lunch with some friends after bowling, including some Corn Chowder from my freezer & store bought french bread
* two evenings of fires in our fireplace. Me knitting on the floor in front of the fireplace. The girls chillin'. The Husband playing his guitar. Our son pointing repeatedly to the fire. One night included Dad's famous special rap-song reading of Llama, Llama Red Pajama.
* Planning of the next 5 weeks of school. Planning math is the hardest part because of all the different workbooks & extra exercises that Tatiana needs to cement the skills. I am so excited to start our study of the 50 states & start filling up our U.S. Notebook.
* Organizing of our homeschooling cupboard and Sienna's school box. It was looking quite the mess! Buried in the piles, I found some Mad Libs Jr. that I can add to Tatiana's English lessons. Sweet. I had to actually write it into our lesson plans. I find that if it something isn't actually planned, it doesn't get done.
All tidied up!
* Pre-tracing some cutting & gluing activities for Sienna from Cut & Create for All Seasons.
Activities traced & ready to assemble.
* Drooling over the Book of Days at Blue Yonder Ranch. I could never get the Friday nature walks to gel into our routine. Maybe this is a solution? Fridays were supposed to be 'light schooling' days with nature walks and art lessons. The art lessons just weren't a good fit either. I am replacing them with weekly activities from Home Economics for Girls. I was able to purchase this book used for a song this last week and I can't wait to get it!