Sunday, February 01, 2009

Longing for my Home

::photo by Heather::

Excerpt from lyrics of Steven Curtis Chapman's Not Home Yet, thoughts in italics my own.

From one who walks with you. On this journey called life's road. It is a long and winding road. Sometimes too long & too winding. Lately I feel like I have a rock in my shoe.

And one who's cried like you. Wanting so much just to lay down and die.

I know You know my pain, but some days, Lord, I just would rather be with You.


So close your eyes with me. And hear the Father saying, "Welcome Home".

Yes, I can hear You, Father.


Let us find the strength in all His promises to carry on.

Your strength is sufficient for me. Help me to keep carrying on.


So let us not forget.
No. I can't forget.


We are not Home yet. Keep on looking ahead. Let your heart not forget.
I gotta keep moving forward. Gotta remember that I am just a Pilgrim here.


I know there'll be a moment. I know there'll be a place. Where we will see our Savior and fall in His embrace. So let us not grow weary or too content to stay.....
Oh, how my heart aches for this moment. I love the picture of finally falling into your arms after my life here on earth is over. Help me to finish my race well.


We are not Home yet.

Not yet. But one day....

No comments: