Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Fall Hospitality




When entertaining, even for a simple get together, I like for my guests to be greeted by special touches. We had some dear friends {the pastor that married us, actually!} over for Sunday's meal. I brought out last seasons' sewing projects: my first attempt at a table runner & some fall napkins {still *love* the napkins}. The flowers were purchased at Aldi for $2.99. That was the only thing I bought for the whole meal! I highly recommend having all white dishes, for so many reasons: they go well with all seasons of decor, they never go out of style, they don't distract from the colorful food presentations, they can easily be mixed and matched with other white dishes if some of them happen to break. I served Rachel Ray's Winter Stew {already was on the weekly menu} with a fresh loaf of homemade bread {*love* my bread machine!}, had my guests bring a large garden salad, and made molten chocolate lava cakes {all ingredients already on hand}. I think it was the perfect light & simple meal {topped off my a lavish dessert}!

Got any favorite fall touches for entertaining?

1 comment:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

Still LOVE the napkins as well! Makes me think of something I have hanging around here ;0)