Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Cooking Without an Oven

Yeah. ASK ME HOW I KNOW. Remember the saying, "You don't know what you've got until it's gone." Well, I realize how much I do love baking. Call me weird, but I even bake pizza rolls & chicken fingers when I could just put them in the micro. Everything just tastes better baked. So, in case you ever find yourself without an oven {three weeks and counting, folks!}, here are some ideas of meals you could make:

Tacos
Chili
Any kind of soup: I recently made a yummy homemade Tomato soup ;>)
Breakfast for dinner: Sausage, Bacon, Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast, Eggs
Pasta: last night it was this, or Spaghetti, or Mac & Cheese
Pan-seared Chicken w/sides
Anything in the Crockpot: I've made this a few times {OAMC!!}
Sandwiches & Salad

I wished it weren't so freezing out, or else I'd be out grilling every night. Thankfully, my oven-less days will be coming to an end next weekend. We are inheriting a hand-me down stove from the in-laws. Gotta love a free solution!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yummy tomato soup! My Favorite! I'd love the recipe!
And if you're weird, then I'm weird too! I *hate* microwaved chicken nuggets!
So glad you're getting a freebie! That's the best kind! As long as it works well, who cares how much it cost?

Saralyn said...

So are you going to share the tomato soup recipe? :~)

Mon said...

I agree. Things do taste better when heated in the oven verses the microwave. It's not as frugal, but that's extra energy I'm willing to pay for.