Monday, May 24, 2010

Remembering the Magic - Part I

Our Disney trip was the most exciting thing that has happened in a long while. I don't plan to bore you with endless trip details, but would like to capture our experience, even if for my memory's sake. I will take you on a tour of Disney, foodie-style, because I went for the food (the magic and the rides were a bonus)! I'll try and use a simple Yuck/Yum rating system with a "0" as being neutral (take-it-or-leave-it). I am including links to many of the places we went, in case you are planning your own trip (or if I ever go back I will have it as a handy reference). Ready? You don't need a ticket and it's all calorie-free....

 :: at the airport. this was the girls' first plane ride ::

:: Breakfast - water & "healthy" pb&j (0) - homemade by my mother - cheap sustenance ::

:: Lunch - Grilled Chicken Sandwich with LTO and Fries (0) - Coronado Springs' Pepper Market - sadly this wasn't that much better than my breakfast. It's kinda hard to screw up fries, but the chicken was dry. A bunch of mustard helped. I washed it all down with a Diet Coke. Unfortunately, I am a Pepsi fan, but won't hold it against the Mouse. ::

 :: Yippee!!! ::


:: Cinderella's Happily Ever After Dinner in 1900 Park Faire at the Grand Floridian - this is a buffet so there must be something good..... ::



:: clockwise from top - Grilled Vegetable Salad (yuck), Roast Beef with Horseradish Sauce (yum, yum), Mashed Red Potatoes (yum),   Caesar Salad (yuck), Crusty Bread with salted Butter (yum). If anyone in charge of the food at 1900 Park Faire reads this, I highly recommend Brianna's Asiago Caesar dressing. Also, kudos on the roast beef. I had myself several slices. ::



:: Lime Meringue tartlet with chocolate crust (yuck), Lemon tartlet with shortbread crust (yuck), Chocolate Ganache tartlet in a chocolate shell (yum - big mouthful of creamy chocolate!)

:: I *love* this step-sister's smile! ::

I can appreciate a wide-variety of food. Even if something is not really my particular favorite, I can still appreciate it. When I say something is "yuck", I really mean it, not that I just didn't like it. We were using the Disney Dining Plan, which I think my mom can confirm, was fabulous. More food (and characters!) to come.....

2 comments:

Peaceful Chaoz said...

I love how your doing this!! Not that I expect anything different though ;0)

The girls look so pretty!!

Stephanie said...

Yeah, that's quite a smile...

And curly hairbows for the early morning plane ride?! Ha. Audrey would have been lucky to have her hair brushed at that hour. ;)

SO glad you're back! :)