Monday, January 12, 2009

My Cupboard Overfloweth!

The world's best mom showed up for a visit yesterday with nearly 12 bags overflowing with groceries! Since she knows I'm not up for cooking from scratch very often, she filled the freezer with nuke-n-eat things like Kid Cuisine, Lean Cuisine, Hot Pockets, Lean Pockets and frozen pizza. Knowing my bent towards trying to stay healthy, she included Kashi GoLean cereal, Kashi oatmeal, WW Progresso Soup, and lean lunch meat. She treated the kids by buying chips, Cheetos, cookies, pop tarts and more....things I rarely ever buy. I was careful to only put a few "special" items in our cupboards, while the rest of the things went downstairs to my storage shelf, lest my little loveys eat all the goodies in a week or less.

Aren't moms the greatest??

Friends are pretty great too. Besides lots of encouragemnt from my nearest & dearest, I received an awesome gift basket not too long along from an uber-wonderful family. Not only did it have an envelope containing about ten {10!!} various gift cards, but the basket was filled with things I love. Lotsa Trader Joe's stuff. Even some TJ's orange chicken {so yummy & good on POINTS}! I was touched not only by the spirit of giving, but at the thought that went into considering the things I really like. I'm inspired to remember this act of kindness the next time I want to give of myself or give an actual gift.

I did manage to get my "Slim Down Sundays" post up on my other blog. I know. It's already Monday, but I'm doin' the best I can.

More soon...

No comments: