Thursday, November 13, 2008

Top 10 Thanksgiving Recipes

Since it is only 2 weeks away *gulp*, here are, in my opinion, the Top 10 Thanksgiving Recipes from Allrecipes. I chose one from each of the categories outlined in my Thanksgiving planning post here, that could easily be served at your Thanksgiving table: turkey, potato, sweet potato, green vegetable (2), stuffing, condiments (2), desserts (2). And here they are, including personal comments from the peanut gallery me in parentheses. *drumroll please*

#1: Homestyle Turkey, the Michigander Way (I know there's a couple of you out there!)

#2: Traditional Mashed Potatoes

#3:
Sweet Potato Casserole II

#4:
Grandma's Green Bean Casserole (not your usual canned soup & fried onion variety)

#5:
Roasted Brussels Sprouts (never had 'em, but can 544 good reviews be wrong?!)

#6:
Awesome Sausage, Apple and Cranberry Stuffing (hmmm, may have to reconsider my old standby.....)

#7:
Savory Turkey Gravy (I am anti-gravy, but to each his own.)

#8:
Cranberry Sauce (Now THIS condiment I can stand behind! Love turkey & cranberries!)

#9: Double Layer Pumpkin Cheesecake (double YUM!)

#10:
Carrot Cake III

And because we're all gonna have 'em, my top Turkey Leftover recipe:

#11:
Turkey Pot Pie

This creates a pretty straight-forward, old-fashioned style Thanksgiving meal. If you're adventurous/eclectic like me, stay tuned for the Top 10 Not-Your-Grandma's Thanksgiving Recipes!
Enjoy!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Awesome! I'm planning to cook my first turkey this year. Thanks for the tips! Well my first big turkey. I cooked a 5 lb-der the other day.

MamaFeelgood said...

Just saw you over at Simple mom. It is possible to make yogurt in the crockpot. Check out http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/10/you-can-make-yogurt-in-your-crockpot.html

Rebecca said...

@Andrea: I'm so excited for you!!! You'll have to let me know how everything turns out! I will be sure to post some more Thanksgiving tips as the big day approaches :>)

@mama: Yes, thank you! I did actually figure out the crockpot thing, although my method is different than the one you linked to. As long as it turns out like yogurt & is yummy, that's fine by me. Thanks for stopping by!