Sunday, November 04, 2007

Soft Pretzels

The girls and I made our own kind of fun last week by trying a recipe for homemade soft pretzels. We've enjoyed getting them as a snack at Sam's Club, where we occasionally shop. Sienna was particularly interested & focused on mixing & rolling & waiting for the dough to rise. We used this recipe from a back issue of Family Fun magazine and made three traditional and three cinnamon sugar pretzels. Mine turned out a little bit chunkier as I had a hard time rolling the dough to be 1/2" thick. Take a whiff ~ er, gander:

"A dough divided can not stand...."

Shaped and waiting

Fresh from the oven & topped with cinnamon sugar
















Kid tested: Approved!!

2 comments:

Erin said...

Looks yummy! I saw that in the Family Fun Magazine awhile ago and thought that might be fun...if I could stand the thought of wet dough squishing through my fingers. Honestly...kinda creeps me out! Sean loves pretzels though, and he would love to do that. I should get that one out...what month was it again?

THANKS!

Debbie J said...

Those do look good, I want some! Glad your patient is better too.